i also want to focus a bit more on my fitness life yoga teaching, practice & philosophy, and my modern dance world. i think i need to choose to have a little more focus on the blog. starting on mondays - i'm gonna bring in some inspiration for the week with mindful mondays. the rest of the week is a little up in the air - like i said....i am working on finding focus - i haven't totally gotten there yet! it'll come.
on to....10 for 2010.
here are my 10 goals for this new year. i wanted them all to be achievable and realistic cause i tend to over commit and then end up being disappointed. for 2010 - i choose to:
- train (12-15 weeks) and run the biltmore classic 5k in may (last time i ran a 5k, i really hurt my knee, but i didn't really follow and sort of training program, so this will be different!)
- practice yoga daily (even if it is just for 10 minutes!)
- read and review on the blog one fiction and one non-fiction (probably health, mind/body-based) book per month
- give my husband a hug and a kiss first thing when i walk through the door at the end of the day (no more running to the computer or doing anything before that happens)
- limit computer. blogging, blog reading time to 30 minutes a day (yes - i can veg out on it forever - not being to mindful - and want to spend time commenting on other blogs and building some readership, but have to live my life in order to have something to even write about!!! the internet totally zaps my time too often and i really must focus on living this blissful life!)
- use the planner pad for scheduling, to do's, ideas and goals.
- journal often on ideas and life musings
- begin word document with writing for book i hope to one day finish and publish on living the mindful life. actually spend time writing at least 1-2 times per week.
- have lunch with a girlfriend once per month (at least!)
- 15 minutes a day of speed cleaning to stay on top of my house (which so easily gets out of control if i am on the computer or reading too long)
ok - so reasonable and doable goals. not too large scale, but i sometimes feel that all of my thoughts and goals, etc. are super large and big picture and know that i have a hard time scaling down and looking at how i can actually succeed on the day to day. (hence: my general life goal to live an insightful, mindful - in the present life - however successful or unsuccessful that may be!) more on that in 2010.
peace to you and yours.