- train (12-15 weeks) and run the biltmore classic 5k in may (last time i ran a 5k, i really hurt my knee, but i didn't really follow and sort of training program, so this will be different!)
- practice yoga daily (even if it is just for 10 minutes!)
- read and review on the blog one fiction and one non-fiction (probably health, mind/body-based) book per month
- give my husband a hug and a kiss first thing when i walk through the door at the end of the day (no more running to the computer or doing anything before that happens)
- limit computer. blogging, blog reading time to 30 minutes a day (yes - i can veg out on it forever - not being to mindful - and want to spend time commenting on other blogs and building some readership, but have to live my life in order to have something to even write about!!! the internet totally zaps my time too often and i really must focus on living this blissful life!)
- use the planner pad for scheduling, to do's, ideas and goals.
- journal often on ideas and life musings
- begin word document with writing for book i hope to one day finish and publish on living the mindful life. actually spend time writing at least 1-2 times per week.
- have lunch with a girlfriend once per month (at least!)
- 15 minutes a day of speed cleaning to stay on top of my house (which so easily gets out of control if i am on the computer or reading too long)
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
- put my family first and spend more time at home
- make conscious scheduling decisions
- limit my alcohol intake to once per week
- exercise daily
- spend reasonable time on the computer
- use my time wisely
- practice yoga daily
- eat healthy meals and resist over indulgence
- keep my home organized
- read even more
- not react on the defense (it's a bad habit i am trying to break)
- sip hot tea
- spread love and compassion
- be thankful for my body and all that is does for me
- be creative
- avoid things that zap time and energy
- drink oodles of water
- home cooked meals
- send more snail mail
- take weekly yoga class
- put energy into all that serves me
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
- find home for oh-so thoughtful gifts & unpack
- look into new car purchase (yes, it will happen soon. my brother needs my car!)
- yoga & exercise
- 2010 exciting blog plans (to be announced soon)
- 10 goals for 2010
- more snuggles with my pup
- continue to read the new barbara kingsolver book. am loving it. book review to come.
Monday, December 21, 2009
- coffee & blogs in the morning! don't always get to have mornings like that, but when i do i am always grateful.
- pilot colored pens. purple and pink being the favs.
- the planner pad. ok, i know i am a little over the top with getting organized, but it really helps my life stay mindful and my brain focused and ready for anything!
- YOGA. can't live without it. brings me peace and mindfulness and a stretchy good feeling body.
- quite moments with space and lots of deep breathes.
- on the flip side of that - i LOVE music. so grateful for all the music i love and the countless bands i've seen live. i love the soundtrack to my life.
- being my own boss. need i say more?!?!
- MODERN DANCE and the women i move with. check us out here. the process of choreography and creating and, of course, performing.
- my fabulous, snuggly, warm creature who i lovingly call in the blog world: the beast. see his love here.
- my hubby. he's the best. what can i say?
Friday, December 18, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
i am honored and thrilled to have been a guest blogger today at the oh-so fabulous joy of yoga blog. check it out when if you can! i love the format of her blog for anyone looking to rev up their yoga practice! it's so easy to fall into the same sequencing rut and this is great to give you new ideas for your home practice! om shanthi!!!
Monday, December 7, 2009
here are a few photos of my yoga practice this morning. as soon as i went into downward dog, my beast was there front and center! be on the look out for my guest post on the joy of yoga blog coming soon. i am really excited to share my practice!
have a lovely evening....
Sunday, December 6, 2009
i heard one of the greatest quotes i've heard in a long time recently from a friend (coco). i heard it second hand from another friend, but it really stuck with me.
"what other people think of you is none of your business."
i just finished reading an article in the latest yoga journal on gossiping. i really don't like it when i gossip and was aware this weekend when hanging out with an old co-worker how easy it is to gossip when your intention is just to catch up on people you haven't seen in a while. i am going to set an intention to be extremely mindful when i talk about other people. there is some gossip that i know is gossip, but what about when you talk about other people with good intention. like wondering if your best guy's new girlfriend could be the one or what kind of job you think your brother-in-law should get. i think those things could turn into negative gossip, but it's important to be aware that those genuine conversations don't become wrought with judging over-analysis. i would have to live in a cave alone to not talk about people. it's just human nature. i just want to be mindful that i am not causing any harm when i do open my mouth. bringing this focus will help me see what better things i could be talking about or sharing with the people i am talking to!
then it comes back to the quote above. it's so important to have friend's and family to bounce ideas off of and gain perspective, but when it comes down to it - you have to connect with you and who you are and how you are not defined by what other people think!
i totally struggle with this in my ever challenging time management and over committing. for example, there is a yoga studio i have taught for that would like for me to come back and instruct a donation based class. in my heart i would love to share with these students, but the time of day is not so great and i know (based on lots of previous over committing) that it would put a deep rut in the center of my day and i would come to not look forward to it. however, my mind totally wants to talk me into doing it because i don't want the studio manager and owner to think any less of me. "what?!?!?" you ask. yeah, me too. because of course they are going to respect that i am honoring my home commitments and my personal time. that thought pattern still happens though. deep breathes. i am always learning. and i know the quote is helping me stay centered cause i really need to honor what i think about me!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
i'm so excited to give ecto a try! i am really doing all that i can to get myself reorganized and reinvented for the coming year including utilizing programs that can help the blog continue to grow and for me to be more pro active and on top of my game! we'll see if this publishes like i hope it will!
today has been pretty relaxing. i had an acupuncture treatment this morning. ahhhh...there is nothing like it! i mentioned in my skin story how acupuncture and chinese herbs have really made my chronic condition manageable. i typically have a treatment once per week at our local community clinic, but today was the first in two weeks due to the holidays. i love my acupuncturist - she let me sleep for one and a half hours. who knew i was so tired!?!?!
photo from flickr
the rest of the day thus far as pretty much followed suit. it's been rainy and cold and we've actually had some snow! the hubby and i ventured to earthfare where i had a yummy salad and piece of fantastic veggie pizza. then we grocery shopped for the week. i love getting this done and then not having to fret over finding healthy meals during the week!
goals for the afternoon/evening:
- gym with the hubby for some cardio
- make christmas shopping list (wow - is it already almost the second week of the month!!??!)
- finish some personal assistant work from home
- make list of blog articles i want to work on
- finish ideas about choreography for tomorrow's rehearsal
the blog article list is uber important as i always think of things to share when i am away from the computer and then am stumped when i make my way back! hoping the planner pad will also help with managing those ideas in the future! woo hoo!
Friday, December 4, 2009
ok - here's the best part of the surprise. i am thinking we are going to leave the gpi until jessica informs me the surprise is here! we are going for an evening at the spa!!!!! they have a most incredible spa! we were escorted in, given a locker and oh-so cushy robes - doned our suits and off we went to explore. (with a bottle of merlot!) i tried to sneak my camera in to get a few shots, but was politely told "no cameras allowed." no fair for this blogger gal....boo!